hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:58 pm

"Democrats have zero faith in Biden's ability to deliver a cohesive message"

I doubt it. I think Biden would kill Trump in a debate on policy, but Trump will just turn it into an insult-fest (which might be fun to watch, but no thanks). Also, you know Trump thinks he will be able to destroy Biden in a debate, which is why he called for, like, five debates or some such, so you know he really, really wants to do it, which is reason enough for Biden to refuse (or at least hint that he might refuse), just to watch Trump's head explode. Quite frankly, I don't see the purpose of debates this year, except for entertainment value.

I think everybody pretty much knows who they're going to vote for at this point. There's nothing Biden could say or do that would cause a Trump voter to vote for him, and vice-versa. I wouldn't care if Biden came out and drooled on the stage the entire time, I'd still vote for him, and likewise if Trump did the same thing, nobody who is planning to vote for him today would change their vote. I literally don't think there is anything Trump could say or do that would make his supporters not vote for him. And I mean literally nothing...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:00 pm

I think Biden is playing rope-a-dope, anyway, but even if he destroys Trump in the debates, there's not a single Trump voter who will care or change their vote. And if that's the case (and it is), why even have them?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:09 pm

no, I don't believe that.

I believe there are many Trump voters who are leaning toward Biden at the moment, but would switch back to Trump once they saw Biden lose his shit after being insulted by Trump during a debate. Biden has a temper and he is easily provoked.

The Dems know this and they know a segment of people out there, especially swing states, would then question whether they really want Biden.

I do believe however that these riots have turned more people back to Trump than he ever hoped a debate with Biden would do.

and lastly, if you can't or won't debate your opponent because you feel it will give him an advantage, how can anyone have confidence in your ability to represent America against someone like Putin, or some piss ant dictator, Netanyahu or even Merkel?

If Biden refuses to debate, which even if he is told not to, Trump will call him and Biden's temper will get the best of him, which in itself would be a PR nightmare for Biden, Trump won't have to invest in any creative campaign ads after that. Biden will be writing them for him.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Obviously Trump is hoping (and praying) Biden comes across as a doddering idiot, but of course in his zeal to insult Biden, he has set the bar so low that anything short of the aforementioned nonstop drooling will be seen by Biden supporters as a victory. Once again, Trump's idiocy will prove to be his undoing. Not with his supporters, of course, they have already established that he could extol the virtues of ramming a butternut squash up your ass (not that there's anything wrong with that) and then demonstrate it on national TV and the next day there would be a nationwide shortage of butternut squash...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 pm

and on policy, I don't think Biden would win.

Why? because Biden's base isn't about to hear him in a debate talk about how he won't support defunding the police, how he won't open the borders to unfettered immigration, not to mention him and his opposing stances with his VP on gun control. The last thing Biden wants is to defend BLM actions as of late. You can see that changing already with the realization that these riots are turning people off by huge numbers.

Its not that Biden would beat Trump on policy, its that Biden's policies are more conservative that his voting base of progressives and reluctant Bernie supporters can tolerate. They'll stay home on election day.

And that is why Biden doesn't want to debate Trump. He could be as technical and articulate as he wants, but the more he talks, the more people he loses.

Trump is alot of things including a liar, but he'll get up there and tow the Trump line of rioters are bad, defunding the police is bad, immigration is bad, gun control is bad and millions of people will be waiting to hear how Biden takes the opposing side. They'll either demand he do it or be scared that he will - and in the end he'll lose a good chunk of voters in one of those groups.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:16 pm

"If Biden refuses to debate, which even if he is told not to, Trump will call him and Biden's temper will get the best of him, which in itself would be a PR nightmare for Biden, Trump won't have to invest in any creative campaign ads after that. Biden will be writing them for him."

Well, that would be fair payback, b/c Trump has damn sure written most of Biden's ads for him, and I suspect he will continue to...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:17 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:18 pm

People voting for Trump are voting on a set of platform planks that he introduced in the first election

People voting for Biden are voting for him because he isn't Trump.

There is little to no substance on Biden that relates to what the progressives in the democratic party want.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:19 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:58 pm "Democrats have zero faith in Biden's ability to deliver a cohesive message"

I doubt it. I think Biden would kill Trump in a debate on policy,
Heh........Oh my... what foolishness. Like I've stated several times before 'Hedge the commedian'.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:21 pm

btw, there is mounting evidence that the kid didn't shoot first and was attacked defending what is presumed to be a relatives business.

especially when you consider that the 3 ex felons he shot will never be confused as active civil right supporters....well except on CNN

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:23 pm

"People voting for Trump are voting on a set of platform planks that he introduced in the first election"

That's complete bullshit...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:24 pm

The fucking republican party didn't even HAVE a platform this year, it basically amounted to "our platform is that we vow to support Trump on whatever he does." Seriously...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:24 pm

Biden's strength vs Trump is that he's a non-lunatic professional politician and statesman. Not debating would be an eyebrow raiser for someone who is supposed to be that. He's supposed to be the candidate that would make Trump look insane by comparison in a debate. Refusing to debate would not lead to status quo, if anything it would confirm the #TeamRed conspiracy that Biden has to hide or else be shown not to be able to string together two sentences.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Regarding the Republican "platform" this year:

RNC 2020: The Republican Party now the Party of Trump

One of the traditional duties of the delegates to the quadrennial national party conventions, both Democratic and Republican, is to adopt a platform stating their policy preferences and principles.

These documents - akin to British party manifestos - are typically the subject of intense haggling and debate among the delegates, but are largely ignored by the candidates themselves, unless opponents decide to highlight a portion they think general-election voters will find extreme or unpopular.

Even with the coronavirus pandemic reshaping political conventions this year, the Democrats adopted a 91-page document with headings such as "Healing the Soul of America" and "Restoring and Strengthening Our Democracy". The party's liberal wing expressed some displeasure with the absence of language endorsing universal healthcare or the "Green New Deal" environmental plan.

The Republicans, on the other hand, decided to scrap the whole thing entirely.

Instead, the delegates gathering for the limited in-person convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, passed a one-page resolution stating that they weren't going to have a new platform, but instead the party "has and will continue to enthusiastically support the president's America-first agenda".

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53914829

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:27 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:24 pm The fucking republican party didn't even HAVE a platform this year, it basically amounted to "our platform is that we vow to support Trump on whatever he does." Seriously...

go back and read my post. I never implied the republican party has any say in this. Its Trump platform which in 2016 the republican party screamed was insanity until Trump won the election while Ryan was booted out and Romney was delegated to being a walking mouthpiece.

Both the democrats and republicans, but mostly republicans, were rebuked with the Trump victory.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:29 pm

aTm wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:24 pm Biden's strength vs Trump is that he's a non-lunatic professional politician and statesman. Not debating would be an eyebrow raiser for someone who is supposed to be that. He's supposed to be the candidate that would make Trump look insane by comparison in a debate. Refusing to debate would not lead to status quo, if anything it would confirm the #TeamRed conspiracy that Biden has to hide or else be shown not to be able to string together two sentences.
Oh yeah, totally agree with that. Biden is certainly going to debate Trump, but it'll be fun to watch Trump rage tweet about the possibility that he won't...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:34 pm

"Both the democrats and republicans, but mostly republicans, were rebuked with the Trump victory."

The so-called republican party sold its soul (which gives you some idea of the value of said soul) for a ham-boning conman that is very likely to die in prison. It's hard for me to see how the yahoos that love Trump will even be interested in any politician in the future who is intelligent, level-headed, doesn't tweet misspelled nonsense in all caps nonstop and actually cares about policy. The only thing that will possibly draw them out is one of Trump's demon spawn. The name is all they care about...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:49 pm

there is no way Trump is going to prison.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:50 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:34 pm It's hard for me to see how the yahoos that love Trump will even be interested in any politician in the future who is intelligent, level-headed, doesn't tweet misspelled nonsense in all caps nonstop and actually cares about policy.

you'd have to give them one first.

you're issue is the same as every other liberal at the moment. You completely disregard the shortcomings of Biden, which are plentiful, because you refuse to consider Trump under any circumstances as a presidential nominee. You don't see the logic flaw of saying you'd vote for an ear of corn if it was the democratic nominee over Trump and then attempt to defend the merits of Biden on policy, character or competency.

Biden is a career politician who has accomplished little in his career. His only redeeming quality to you is he is not Trump.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:52 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:49 pm there is no way Trump is going to prison.
I'll bet you $100 that he does...