down 8 3 on 2 and Davis pulls up for 17 feet

goldenbear
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by goldenbear » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 am

IF HUbert really thinks RJ should be prinmary ball handler he is not coaching material

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 am

"N o Garcia is a dirt bag and was a huge problem on the team"

In other words, you're the Garcia of Carolina fandom...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:28 am

What's up with those faggotty striped clown pants the IU players are wearing on the bench? Is that something new? They need to drop that faggot look quick...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 am

Man, Love is the streakiest 3 point shooter I've ever seen. He's made some big ones but man, when he's off, he's way the fuck off. He barely hit the backboard on that last one, much less the rim. We're basically Duke now, if the 3's are falling we're good, if they're not, we suck. There's nothing else besides jacking 3's...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:35 am

5 for 18 from beyond the arc. Clown show...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:26 am

Bring back goldie!

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:34 am

the kid Calipari refused to play last year

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:37 am

This lookS NOTHING like Carolina Basketball. Either last year was divine intervention (complete with Moses Manek), or we sold our collective souls to take down k*rzyatan and his NBA squad.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:49 am

I wish I could talk shit but UK is flying all the way to London to lose to Michigan
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:06 pm

The Anti k* wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:37 am This lookS NOTHING like Carolina Basketball. Either last year was divine intervention (complete with Moses Manek), or we sold our collective souls to take down k*rzyatan and his NBA squad.
I don't know what the fuck happened last year, but it did.

We fucking suck. We're the new IU. Hubert needs to go.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:41 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:06 pm
The Anti k* wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:37 am This lookS NOTHING like Carolina Basketball. Either last year was divine intervention (complete with Moses Manek), or we sold our collective souls to take down k*rzyatan and his NBA squad.
I don't know what the fuck happened last year, but it did.

We fucking suck. We're the new IU. Hubert needs to go.
DS — I fear he’s another Mike Davis.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:54 am

Y'all need to relax. IIRC, I was hearing all this stuff last year at this time (and well into Feb) and look how things turned out. Seriously though, I am concerned with the nonchalance they seem to be showing, I think they thought they would just be able to show up and other teams would roll over. I think when they decide to actually play they're going to win some games. But the main thing is the wholesale buy-in to just jacking 3's. The Dookification of college basketball is the real problem, but I don't see any solution short of having a Rasheed Wallace or Antawn Jamison or JR Reid or (hate to say this one, but it's true) Zion Williamson on your team every year. I love Bacot, but he ain't any of them...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:59 am

The other problem, at least from the perspective of the college hoops fan, is that none of Rasheed/Jamison/Reid would ever stay in college more than one year now. We had Sheed for 2 years and Reid and Jamison for 3. That would never happen today. Even Day'Ron Sharpe left after one year (I would've loved to see that kid in a Carolina uni as a sophomore). Hell, UK is sending guys to the league that don't even actually play in games for them...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 am

and we want to fire our coach because of it

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:41 am

Having a good to great shooting team that relies on the outside shot is fine. It works in the NBA.

There is a major problem with that system in the college game though: off-nights.

In the NBA post season, you have seven games that will allow for an off-night and the regression towards the mean throughout the other games that will help ensure the better team advances.

So, in the college game, you need dependable low post scoring -- even if it's a 4 out / 1 in offense -- and the ability to drive and create shorts buckets / contact fouls to account for the off nights.

Carolina is just hoisting up shots like it's an AAU game. If this team makes the tournament, there's no way they make it past the first weekend (maybe even the first four...) with this shit.

This is as painful as watching Mark Gottfried's last few teams in Raleigh, and btw, Gottfried is now a close friend's BIL (well, Gott married one sister and my buddy is engaged to the other). I told my friend that he needs to bring Gott to our Member-Guest and let me get liquor drunk and ask Gott if the tournament was the first time Gott had been in Fayetteville since dropping off that duffle bag for Dennis Smith....
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:54 am

Praise be to Wooden, Naismith, and the holy ghost of Rupp!! If IU can play that kind of defense the rest of the way out, they have a good shot. Woody was the right hire finally. Now that we are a basketball and futbol school again, things can get back to normal. Now we still will probably get ass banged by Zona and Kansas but if they can keep it close, I am excited for the rest of the season.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:05 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:54 am Y'all need to relax. IIRC, I was hearing all this stuff last year at this time (and well into Feb) and look how things turned out. Seriously though, I am concerned with the nonchalance they seem to be showing, I think they thought they would just be able to show up and other teams would roll over. I think when they decide to actually play they're going to win some games. But the main thing is the wholesale buy-in to just jacking 3's. The Dookification of college basketball is the real problem, but I don't see any solution short of having a Rasheed Wallace or Antawn Jamison or JR Reid or (hate to say this one, but it's true) Zion Williamson on your team every year. I love Bacot, but he ain't any of them...
The differences in this year and last are:

1. No Manek to replace Garcia (Nance). Hell, Nance has probably been our best offensive player. But the two bigs, with the guards shooting like shit, and Leaky being invisible is a recipe for failure.

2. Every opponent weve lost to has athletic wings and power guards. Where are ours? Indiana penetrated the paint on us like the Original Hedgehog.

3,. Why is Styles in Witness Protection? Tell his ass to get in the game and play like Lynch and Noel, not a pussified 3-point chucker. We’ve already got too many of those.

4. WTF on Jalen Washington? Is he cleared to play or not? Cut the hyperbole on him being the best shooting high school big man you’ve ever seen, Hubert. The kid for Bama tore his ACL in March, but lit our asses up.

5. Bacot just isn’t right. I’m not even talking about his shoulder injury @ IU. He’s had no lift all season. I think he’s playing injured and it shows. Without him, we’ve got nothing inside. And I agree with you, hedge, that Armando’s never been a finisher like we need around the basket.