hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:08 pm

"We should all be ashamed. Both candidates are just awful."

I'm not ashamed. Biden has been a great president, all the handwringing and caterwauling from the MAGAts notwithstanding. Economy is doing great, stock market at an alltime high, gas prices stabilized (seems like it's been in the $2.75 range around here for awhile, despite Trump's lies that gas is $5 a gallon). We've exposed Russia as a paper tiger and brought them to their knees economically and militarily for pennies on the dollar and not one American soldier on the ground. The list goes on. Joe is the man...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:09 pm

Especially when the alternative is 4 more years of this bullshit:

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:37 am

Well, they appear to be in lockstep with each other on booting people out of the party. Really interesting strategy. First we get this: "Marjorie Taylor Greene: The Republican Party supports Donald Trump. Any Republican that isn't willing to adapt, we're completely eradicating from the party." Now this:

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:40 am

I mean, I get that if you're trying to start a Kool Kidz Klub in 6th grade, you can't just let anyone in. But if you're trying to win an election, it doesn't seem like the most rational strategy. Of course, since his razor thin victory in 2016, Trump nor most of the candidates he's backed have won many elections. Well, I say "backed," in reality he's chosen most of them and forced the party to run them, with disastrous results (thanks for giving us the Senate, Donald, by forcing your party to run Herschel Walker, as well as blowing what should've been a landslide in the House in 2022 by forcing the party to run MAGA candidates). Yet that doesn't seem to bother MAGA nation whatsoever. Kinda odd way to conduct an ostensible political party, but I'm not complaining. The results speak for themselves...

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:54 am

Both sides are just so damn stupid. It’s like watching a South Park movie with real life characters, except the cartoon South Park people are smarter.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:15 am

hedge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:08 pm "We should all be ashamed. Both candidates are just awful."

I'm not ashamed. Biden has been a great president
If the lifelong dem voters in NYC, Chicago, and Denver, are still as delusional as you are, that means that Abbott and DeSantis have not sent them enough rapists and murderers yet. Warm up the buses. NYC (and apparently, hedge) need more fentanyl and child sex traffickers.

I need you to stop and think for a moment, why are we in impeachment proceedings for Biden's director of homeland security? Why is it that the border state governors are forced to spend money and ignore federal officials to do the job that the federal government is tasked to do? In what sane world would a nation that is being invaded by 3rd world illiterates hell bent on going on our welfare roles, demand that its federal officials start dismantling a barbed wire fence erected by state officials to block said unlawful invasion?

The 2,000,000+ women, children, and old people, fleeing Ukraine and running to the Polish border are asylum seekers. None of them want to be there. None of them want to be Polish. All of them just want to live until they can go home to Ukraine. What is happening on our southern border (never our northern border, why is that??????) is NOT asylum seekers but IS entirely a product of who YOU voted to put in the White House. None of those people would be seeking "asylum" if Trump were still POTUS because all of them would already know, they are not getting in.
hedge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:08 pmEconomy is doing great, stock market at an alltime high, gas prices stabilized (seems like it's been in the $2.75 range around here for awhile, despite Trump's lies that gas is $5 a gallon). We've exposed Russia as a paper tiger and brought them to their knees economically and militarily for pennies on the dollar and not one American soldier on the ground.
All these things, all of them, Trump accomplished and were valid reasons to re-elect the man. Yet, you voted him out. Our "great" President (your word) doesn't even know how many genders there are. The reason why you believe that Biden is a great President is that you have done too many drugs and your brain is gone.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 pm

So the Biden White House basically meets with a 25 year old know-nothing for PR and then decides like major world and economy affecting decisions like this. It's incredible to me the unchecked lies that are told about decisions like this with very little mainstream media challenge.

It all sounds good. We need to cancel these LNG projects in order to save the environment, or whatever, and the journalist's who love the sound of that stuff don't even try to look into it.

Natural gas is, for the most part, a waste byproduct of drilling for shale oil. Do you know what oil producers actually do with the vast majority of it if there is no pipeline to put it into that leads to someone who can use it or to an LNG terminal that can export it to someone who can use it?

No? They SET IN ON FIRE and burn it up releasing all of its carbon directly into the atmosphere right there at the wellhead. So actually what these terminals do is create additional value for this product that is going to be burned off into the atmosphere NO MATTER WHAT. It's cutting off our nose to spite our face, simply to be "anti-oil and gas," and then, at the end of the day, all that shit not only gets burned anyway, but also, since it cant be exported, Europe will have to find another source of something else to burn for their energy. Instead, they could simply have paid us to ship them what we were just gonna burn off anyway, but no, lets save the climate by just burning more.

The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:47 pm

aTm wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 pm So the Biden White House basically meets with a 25 year old know-nothing for PR and then decides like major world and economy affecting decisions like this.
The 25 year old know nothing for PR, that 25 year old knows what 18 to 30 year old know nothings want to HEAR from the White House to make sure Biden gets their vote (if they bother to vote.) That is the only reason why the 25 year old know nothing is there. The no knowing knows only that one thing.

All the details and science and economics and math, that is of no concern to the 25 year old know nothing. They just want to set the narrative for the WH to ensure re-election. Let a mathematician "fix-the-math" so that the narrative scripted by the 25 year old know nothing, works. Nothing else matters other than winning re-election.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:15 pm

aTm wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 pm

The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams.
This.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:32 pm

"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:19 pm

The population of Palestine was 1 million in 1948 and is over 5 million now. The Jews must be bad at genocide.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:13 pm

aTm wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:19 pm The population of Palestine was 1 million in 1948 and is over 5 million now. The Jews must be bad at genocide.
+5

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:48 pm

"So the Biden White House basically meets with a 25 year old know-nothing for PR and then decides like major world and economy affecting decisions like this."

I guess he's messing with Texas. They should probably should expect quite a bit more financial pain if they keep insisting on being the site of the next Fort Sumpter with this razor wire/"we gots to defend oursefs!!" bullshit. Fuck around and find out, Texas. Come and take it? LOL...

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:36 pm

Pathetic

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 pm

Fuck Texas. Please secede. And all of your electoral votes with it. I'll chip in to build the wall separating us from Texas...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:47 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:48 pm "So the Biden White House basically meets with a 25 year old know-nothing for PR and then decides like major world and economy affecting decisions like this."

I guess he's messing with Texas. They should probably should expect quite a bit more financial pain if they keep insisting on being the site of the next Fort Sumpter with this razor wire/"we gots to defend oursefs!!" bullshit. Fuck around and find out, Texas. Come and take it? LOL...
I still don't think any Feds have gone near the barbed wire, yet.

Curious to see what happens when (or should I say, if) they do. Probably all the media in the world will be there to record that event.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:32 am

hedge wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 pm Fuck Texas. Please secede. And all of your electoral votes with it. I'll chip in to build the wall separating us from Texas...
How big of a moron are you? Anybody that falls for all of this theater is just a useful idiot riled up by the politics. “Please secede,” lmao. Red team and blue team could fix the problems tomorrow at the snap of a finger with common sense, like simply securing the border but also open up significant avenues for more legal immigration or residency. But they dont, because they dont want it to be fixed because they want the useful idiots howling and hooting and jumping up and down like apes about it. People like you, I guess.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:04 am

aTm wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:32 am
hedge wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 pm Fuck Texas. Please secede. And all of your electoral votes with it. I'll chip in to build the wall separating us from Texas...
How big of a moron are you? Anybody that falls for all of this theater is just a useful idiot riled up by the politics. “Please secede,” lmao. Red team and blue team could fix the problems tomorrow at the snap of a finger with common sense, like simply securing the border but also open up significant avenues for more legal immigration or residency. But they dont, because they dont want it to be fixed because they want the useful idiots howling and hooting and jumping up and down like apes about it. People like you, I guess.
He is a moron. So, that's that. I wouldn't take anything he has to say seriously because he can't even comprehend any points that you could possibly make. But let me try.

We don't have a meaningful, 1st world, immigration policy, because of politics. At the federal level, the interests served by the left, the right, and the globalists, are not served UNIFORMLY by having one, standardized, immigration policy. Its impossible. Consider:

#1) The people coming across the border on our south, they come illegally because even if they wanted to come legally, largely they wouldn't know how to do it or (put it plainly) they don't have the TIME to do it. They need money. And they need it, NOW. They need to get into the country, get on the welfare roles, and get the money sent "home" (wherever home is) ASAP. They are not fleeing their country the way the Ukrainians are fleeing to Poland for sanctuary. They are not in danger. They just want money. These (and their future generations) are all democrat voters.

#2) Business in this country, is served by lobbyists. And at the moment, the lobbyists who donate the most money to procure the most votes in congress, are doing so on behalf of business expanding H1B immigration Visas for high tech companies. If they had it their way, they would import the nation of INDIA (or at least, the most intelligent citizens of India) tomorrow, for staffing their IT and software development positions. And this is because US citizens are too expensive to hire as solid coders but Indians (imported from abroad to escape their Slumdog Millionaire existence in 3rd world Asia) are willing to accept 40% LESS PAY for the same job, they will work 11 hours a day, AND they will not quit for fear that their Visa will be revokes and they will be deported. This immigration policy serves the globalists because WTF do they care about US citizens and their financial interests?

#3) Restaurants, meat packing, agriculture, construction, janitorial & hospitality, these industries still need massive amounts of LABOR to staff their businesses. Managers they have. Supervisors they have. Corporate and executive staff, they have. They need peons to do all the heavy lifting. That is what they tell the chamber of commerce. And US citizens who would be perfect for these positions, they are largely strung out on opiates and/or on disability far too young in life to do this kind of work. Or, they have some kind of criminal record and these companies automatically disqualify them from employment on that basis alone. So, without the cheapie migrant, these businesses will have NO LABOR and all the managers in the world would be forced to start building the houses and harvesting the veggies and cleaning the toilets. That is never going to happen. So of course, keep the border wide open and donate to the democrats and their re-election campaigns to make sure people like Biden are willing to send the Feds to the Texas border to cut the barbed wire. These (and their future generations) are all democrat voters.

#4) Republicans who are US citizens first and foremost? How are they served by immigration (be it morons OR educated techies?) They are not. They want NO immigrants. They think the USA needs a little "me time." And Trump is what the doctor ordered.

Honestly, I don't see anyway to have a win-win here because any policy that get signed into law would be completely and totally at the expense of the other. No wiggle room.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:08 am

"How big of a moron are you? Anybody that falls for all of this theater is just a useful idiot riled up by the politics."

You're probably right, but what's the average citizen to do when the people in power are behaving as you describe? I agree that there is some level of strings being pulled and riling up the morons (like me, but in my defense, my "let Texas secede" rant was also mostly theater, although I'm really not sure I'd care that much if they did), but at the same time those people in power are a reflection of the people that voted for them. They're doing what they were put there to do. Same with Trump, a lot of the stuff he does is b/c his followers for some reason want to blow up "the system" (whatever that means - I guess it means the entire apparatus of governance that made us the greatest superpower in the history of the world, but for some reason they literally want to blow it all up), so you get all this "drain the swamp" bullshit. Whatever reasons I voted for Biden and democrats in general, it was never to destroy the entire system of government...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:14 am

Also, it's more than just "theater" when a state defies the federal government. Unless you want to call firing on Fort Sumpter "theater." There are serious Constitutional issues in play with what Texas is doing here. That's a lot more serious than mere theater, esp. when you have the governor and attorney general of the state openly (indeed, provocatively - see your "riling up the morons" critique) declaring that they don't care what the president or Supreme Court says, they're going to do whatever they want (whatever their ostensible justifications for doing so). If that's the way you feel, then you don't want to be part of the country anymore. Well, bye.

And I really wouldn't mind seeing all these "don't mess with Texas!!!" types find out what it would really be like to have to go it alone. As a state, Texas and its citizens have made billions and billions of dollars due to the federal immigration apparatus down there, to say nothing of NASA and hundreds of other federal programs. This is true of every state, of course, but Texas seems (although maybe it's just me that feels this way) that they're this big ol "independent" state who doesn't need anybody else, i.e., the whole "don't mess with Texas" and "Come and take it" ethos that seems to be so much a part of their identity. It's really just kind of annoying, and I'd love to see them called on this type of bullshit...