Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:53 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 pm Whatever. The sins of the Gang of 88 far outpace the sins of Nixon or Richard Spenser. The only reason why you aren't man enough to make that claim is because you would feel like you were betraying your fellow members of the North Carolina Democrat party. And there is nothing wrong with Stephen Miller unless you like being an antisemite. You bore me, family destroyer. Moving on.

eCat, good luck with the Bulldogs tonight.

Rat, your Bearcats are fucked tonight.

There will not be a higher scoring game tonight that what the nation will witness at Dr Naismith's arena in Kansas.

Utah State and San Diego State are both fighting tonight for the March madness rich Mountain West.
The Gang of 88 may have been a bunch of dipshits, but let's not compare them to someone who committed treason to win a Presidential election and pulled off a litany of dangerous, illegal shenanigans in office like Nixon or someone who furthered the cause of white supremacy with a desire to destroy our nation like Spenser.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:17 pm

The Kentucky Boy was the hero tonight

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:45 pm

They are not going to fire Calipari.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:01 pm

He's in a weird limbo zone where he can't be fired but can't win a title either.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:03 pm

Uh oh, Kansas is in trouble.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:50 am

Kentucky has more wins over 10 net teams than anyone else

more quad 1 wins that any other SEC team

and yet we won't win the SEC regular season, the ceiling is probably making it to the SEC championship game, and maybe the elite 8.

I think we are the best team in the nation, but that team only shows up once a week.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:00 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:50 am Kentucky has more wins over 10 net teams than anyone else

more quad 1 wins that any other SEC team

and yet we won't win the SEC regular season, the ceiling is probably making it to the SEC championship game, and maybe the elite 8.

I think we are the best team in the nation, but that team only shows up once a week.
Wife and I watch (on average) 6 hours of college hoop a night.

IMHO, Kentucky has the best frosh in the nation. And its not even close. Are you the best team in the nation? I wouldn't go that far.

All the best teams this year, are flawed. Kansas may have the best starting 5 in all of college basketball. Ask the UConn players and they may grudgingly say that. Problem is, Kansas has ZERO bench. BYU exposed that reality last night.

Kentucky has the most talented frosh in college basketball. Problem is, they are frosh. So you have no consistency.

Arizona has the most NBA players in college hoop. Problem is, they are arrogant and do NOT play as a team. Ask me how I know.

Purdue is awesome but take away Edey, and they are, just mediocre.

UNC is awesome but the ACC is pussy this year. So they feeding off of shitty teams.

Only UConn and Houston are awesome and get it done pretty much every night against quality opponents. But even they have flaws. They just have less flaws than the other awesome teams.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:38 pm

6 hours a night? Jesus christ. I barely watch any non-UNC hoops, just don't give a shit...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:49 pm

We watch pretty much every Pac-12 and Mountain West game. And we are watching all the Big-XII games now.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:26 pm

BYU went on a 45-27 run after this.

Hunter Dickenson should have went to Duke.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:56 pm

Kansas losing at home, means exactly what it means when Arizona lost to Washington State at home. You are not elite. You are a flawed team. And BYU found the flaw.

Pretty much all the best teams have major flaws this year. More than 140 basketball game (this year) were "bad losses" for the supposedly great team. Now losing to BYU is not all that bad (BYU will likely play in March.) But even the great teams are very mortal this year. Anyone could win the National Championship with that kind of disorganization.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:39 am

Thanks for that insight, Nostrodamus...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:43 am

Its more than you contributed.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:59 pm

the star of this years NCAA tournament

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:35 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:59 pm the star of this years NCAA tournament

That clip would bring a tear to Crotch’s eye…
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:37 pm

All the experts are wrong. fuck them. MY list is correct.
  • #1 UConn
  • #2 Houston
  • #3 Purdue
  • #4 Arizona
  • #5 UNC
  • #6 Kentucky
  • #7 Creighton
  • #8 Tennessee
  • #9 Washington State
  • #10 Utah State
I rank them based on how well I expect each will do in the tourney. Assuming that they don't play either other during the tournament, I expect all of them to make the round of 32. Saying all 10 make the sweet sixteen is asking way too much.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:20 pm

So how's the white savior for UK doing? The kid whose debut was so spectacular that it brought Crotch out from under his rock to post a video of it? Haven't heard a whole lot about the kid since then...

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:24 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:20 pm So how's the white savior for UK doing? The kid whose debut was so spectacular that it brought Crotch out from under his rock to post a video of it? Haven't heard a whole lot about the kid since then...
If you’re referring to Reed Sheppard, I wish he’d crawl back under that rock. He had an incredible game vs Mississippi State and is a projected lottery pick. I’ve seen him in the top 5 picks in recent mocks.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:02 am

Michigan can lose basketball games. That is not a problem.

Losing by 30 because you are out-athleted by New Jersey State University should be an offense so severe that it justifies firing the HC.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:05 am

innocentbystander wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:02 am Michigan can lose basketball games. That is not a problem.

Losing by 30 because you are out-athleted by New Jersey State University should be an offense so severe that it justifies firing the HC.
Rutgers has two of the top three recruits in the Class of 2024 committed for next season. They’re about to out-athlete a whiole lotta teams.