The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by Dave23 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:32 am

Damn son…I wear a 7 5/8 or 7 3/4, and I always had the biggest head of anyone I ran with…

Bless your mama’s heart…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:51 am

I was 24" long, 10lb 8oz and my mother gave birth to me the traditional way. She later said she wished she had undergone a c-section. She was/is a bit of a pill. Maybe she's still pissed at me due to the pain from giving birth...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:54 am

eCat wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:47 pm I'm not sure I've ever seen a size 8.

That's like Shaq shoes for the head
If you go to a hat specific store like Lids or order online, you can find them.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:14 am

DooKSucks wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:51 am I was 24" long, 10lb 8oz and my mother gave birth to me the traditional way. She later said she wished she had undergone a c-section. She was/is a bit of a pill. Maybe she's still pissed at me due to the pain from giving birth...
there is an old joke about an old man slapping his son once a month calling him a big headed son of a bitch
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:17 am

eCat wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:14 am
DooKSucks wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:51 am I was 24" long, 10lb 8oz and my mother gave birth to me the traditional way. She later said she wished she had undergone a c-section. She was/is a bit of a pill. Maybe she's still pissed at me due to the pain from giving birth...
there is an old joke about an old man slapping his son once a month calling him a big headed son of a bitch
My father could be one ill-assed old cuss, and after I was left to deal with that woman without him acting as a buffer and moderating her insanity, I learned why he was so damned ill and angry for a long time lol

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:53 pm

Sick of Amazon asking if I want to subscribe every time I buy something. Really I'm going to subscribe for a new penis pump every month?
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:36 pm

[media] [/media]
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:27 pm

300% mortality rate? That is astonishing...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:17 pm

Do the math.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:38 pm

Math is not an exact science...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:08 am

Jerry Clower explains how math is overrated

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:27 am

Is not

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:22 pm

My new job sucks. I gotta start doing more drugs.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:31 pm

you guys were talking about AI awhile back

this week is the final week of the program where I train college kids to use our software. One software is a "low code" interface which means you can design how you want it to look and it writes the code behind the scenes.

there is nothing particularly noteworthy about the software, its what he did with it however, this 24 year old wrote an interface to connect to ChatGBT, then worked with ChatGBT to fine tune our thermal simulations, so he demo's the interface yesterday where a supervisor with no computer experience can see a design flaw in a metal fabrication, and instead of submitting it to the engineering department thru a rigorous change request, he just inputs the issue on the interface and behind the scenes, ChatGPT evaluates the design flaw and offers solutions on how to fix it, for example adding a 5mm heat sink to an assembly, which the non-engineer, non computer supervisor then selects whatever solution is within tolerances and submits it to the design department.

Assuming you trust ChatGPT's calculus, the kid just eliminated four $160K a year jobs with about 2 days of configuration work.

Next year every kid in the program will be using AI to drive their simulations.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:37 pm

Sounds like I'm not the only one who will need more drugs.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:07 am

Tree must have needed attention last night.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:04 am

eCat wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:31 pm you guys were talking about AI awhile back

this week is the final week of the program where I train college kids to use our software. One software is a "low code" interface which means you can design how you want it to look and it writes the code behind the scenes.

there is nothing particularly noteworthy about the software, its what he did with it however, this 24 year old wrote an interface to connect to ChatGBT, then worked with ChatGBT to fine tune our thermal simulations, so he demo's the interface yesterday where a supervisor with no computer experience can see a design flaw in a metal fabrication, and instead of submitting it to the engineering department thru a rigorous change request, he just inputs the issue on the interface and behind the scenes, ChatGPT evaluates the design flaw and offers solutions on how to fix it, for example adding a 5mm heat sink to an assembly, which the non-engineer, non computer supervisor then selects whatever solution is within tolerances and submits it to the design department.

Assuming you trust ChatGPT's calculus, the kid just eliminated four $160K a year jobs with about 2 days of configuration work.

Next year every kid in the program will be using AI to drive their simulations.
AI and outsourcing are about to take over the legal field, especially in transactional stuff and with support staff. Attorney's who don't know how to adapt will get eaten alive by useless overhead, and when state bars deregulate to allow private equity to own interest in law firms, the game will really be over....

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:20 pm

Cue IB in 3, 2, 1…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:51 pm

AI is clearly a product of feminism...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:52 pm

We are in the information age.

In the information age, the more "well formed" the job is, the easier it is to automate said job out of existence. That is a product of the information age. The higher your IQ, the less "well formed" you need your job to be in order to do it. Those with the highest IQ will make the most money. It is not a coincidence that Mark Zuckerberg is worth north of $100,000,000,000. He has an IQ over 150. He was too smart for Harvard University. 100 years ago (industrial age), all those IQ points wouldn't have mattered nearly as much.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.