The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by Dave23 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:29 pm

I never took the SAT. Looking back, I wish I had…just to know what I would have scored.

I took the ACT twice.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Cletus » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:10 pm

I did very well on the ACT and a big reason why I got into the schools I did. It’s definitely how I got into UNC from out of state.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:20 pm

1280 got me into Carolina back in the day, mostly, I suspect, b/c of the 720 on the math part. High school counselor said don't bother taking it again, she was right. Doubt that would do the trick these day, though...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:02 pm

My first wife got a 28 and got a full ride to Vandy. The world has changed a lot since then. Now Vandy won't look at you unless you're at least a 34, and then you have to be an African American Female crack baby from South Dakota

I don't remember the number I got on my SAT but I do remember the guidance counselor being surprised at how high it was.

you know what, fuck that woman
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:14 pm

Me, Stu, Logan and a few others got stoned as hell the night before the SAT, on some weed my brother had sent me from California that had a yellowish hue to it. Looking back, I'm pretty sure that yellowish hue was angel dust. That shit was borderline hallucinogenic. Never smoked any weed like that before or since. That was the full extent of our SAT preparation...

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:31 pm

it wouldn't have mattered for me. I got close to retard level score on math and pretty good on writing. I guessed on most of the math. I still don't understand most of it.

I don't remember smoking that weed you say we smoked. It was just one of many nights of getting stoned in high school. I put on 40 pounds from junior year to spring of senior year when I weighed 220 and it was all from 3 hot dogs for a dollar, bbq potato chips, Mountain Dew and Hostess pies from Howard's Convenient Store or Gold Cane Grill pie and burgers. That's all I did for weeks at a time during my senior year. I think I lost a lot of it by the end of summer and certainly walking around campus as a freshman.

The point is that I'm still a stoner, so suck it, SAT!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:11 pm

I almost got the 800 on the math. The only reason why I didn't was because I ran out of time on the last 5 or 6 questions. When I told my guidance counselor about what happened, he almost strangled me for not closing the deal. LOL

Anyway, my verbal was shit. It was shit specifically because I never read books in high school, nothing. I read only what was asked of me. I never read big books (with big words) for entertainment, mostly because I was raised poorly in believing that reading anything OTHER than text books is a waste of time. That was wrong. Believing that and submitting to elder family members who didn't understand how important the SAT Verbal was (or what you needed to score high enough in it) cost me a possible career.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:00 pm

I got close to retard level score on math
Yeah I got some unfortunate news for you as far as that being only math.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:10 am

B+

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:11 am

"I almost got the 800 on the math."

Of all the things that never happened, that never happened the most...

"Anyway, my verbal was shit."

Well, at least you're not a complete liar...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:13 am

"I don't remember smoking that weed you say we smoked."

It was the humbler. I remember calling either you or Logan from a phone booth and telling you I was tripping. We went to Brian Davis's house later and smoked some more. Also, I don't remember you weighing 220 in high school. Later, yes (and more), but not in high school. I think you're misremembering..

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:17 am

hedge wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:13 am "I don't remember smoking that weed you say we smoked."

It was the humbler. I remember calling either you or Logan from a phone booth and telling you I was tripping. We went to Brian Davis's house later and smoked some more. Also, I don't remember you weighing 220 in high school. Later, yes (and more), but not in high school. I think you're misremembering..
probably all that weed he smoked
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:15 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:17 am
hedge wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:13 am "I don't remember smoking that weed you say we smoked."

probably all that weed he smoked
Or the crack
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:38 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:11 pm I almost got the 800 on the math.
Didn’t happen unless by “almost” you mean 500.
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:11 pm Anyway, my verbal was shit. It was shit specifically because I never read books in high school, nothing. I read only what was asked of me. I never read big books (with big words) for entertainment, mostly because I was raised poorly in believing that reading anything OTHER than text books is a waste of time. That was wrong. Believing that and submitting to elder family members who didn't understand how important the SAT Verbal was (or what you needed to score high enough in it) cost me a possible career.
Now this checks out.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:39 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:11 am "I almost got the 800 on the math."

Of all the things that never happened, that never happened the most...

"Anyway, my verbal was shit."

Well, at least you're not a complete liar...
I guess I should have kept reading before I hit reply.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:44 pm

Cletus wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:38 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:11 pm I almost got the 800 on the math.
Didn’t happen unless by “almost” you mean 500.
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:11 pm Anyway, my verbal was shit. It was shit specifically because I never read books in high school, nothing. I read only what was asked of me. I never read big books (with big words) for entertainment, mostly because I was raised poorly in believing that reading anything OTHER than text books is a waste of time. That was wrong. Believing that and submitting to elder family members who didn't understand how important the SAT Verbal was (or what you needed to score high enough in it) cost me a possible career.
Now this checks out.
google wrote:What percent of people get 800 Math SAT?

1%

A little under 1% of SAT test takers got an 800 on the math SAT, but at top colleges and universities, the number is higher. Aug 14, 2023
Cletus, on the math, there are lots and LOTS of 800s. Lots. And when I say lots, if 300,000+ juniors and seniors take the test, almost 3000 will get the 800. Verbal? Not so much.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:27 pm

Everything I'm seeing is that there are 58 questions on the math section of the SAT. So even assuming you got all the rest of them correct (you didn't), you'd still be nowhere close to 800 if you didn't even answer the last 5-6 questions (which you admitted), i.e., fully 10% of the total questions. Why did you lie, IB?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:39 pm

I’m sure Cletus is going to rip me like the old days soon enough, but it is nice to see the Dick Cheney of the internet back….
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:39 pm

He left?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:58 pm

Tree is the “That guy Dick Cheney shot” of the Internet
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.