aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by aTm » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:42 pm

Front license plates. Not Florida.

California. Hydrant matches the high pressure hydrants with color coded tops in San Francisco.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:47 pm

aTm wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:42 pm Front license plates. Not Florida.

California. Hydrant matches the high pressure hydrants with color coded tops in San Francisco.
Someone should work for the FBI.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:41 pm

Who says he doesn't?

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:27 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:28 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:01 am

aTm wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:27 pm https://www.geoguessr.com/
I'll give my wife that link and she'll play with that for 2 months
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:46 am

eCat wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:28 am
I can empathize with that girl.

I have a massive phobia of heights. If I'm in a tall building, I do not go to the edge of an observation deck (if I even go there at all), and even if I am in an enclosed room by the window I don't look down.

I still wake up at least once per week from dreams/nightmares that involve falling off / out of something. My daughter wanted to go on a ferris wheel at the beach this summer. I went on it with her and my wife, and I felt like my entire chest was being turned and twisted as tight as possible. I was doing my best to remain calm for my daughter's sake. She looked at me and said "don't be scared, Daddy," and I tried to convince her I wasn't scared. Of course she blurted out to a bunch of folks a few days later that "my daddy is scared of heights." That was wonderful...

When I was 17, I decided to try to break the fear by driving up to King's Dominion one day and riding every single coaster they had with some friends. Even with xanax, I was fucking freaking out. I had to keep my eyes closed, and at one point I reached over and grabbed a friend by the neck and screamed that I was going to take his throat with me if I fell off since he was the one who agreed with me that that riding the coasters might help me get over my fear.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:18 am

I had this recurring dream of my dad driving us over a bridge and the bridge wasn't finished, we'd drive off into the water. Of course I woke up before hitting the water, but I still get nervous driving over bridges to this day.

that reminds me of another recurring dream I used to have - I had this dream where I would get shot in a war battle, fall down and my point of view in the dream would be from my face , ear down, on the ground, just seeing feet up close and full view, albeit vertical, in the distance, and I'm like, OK so I must be dead

Most of my dreams as an adult of some variety trying to solve something that can't be solved, just a futile attempt to get work done and I can't. I did have a dream a few nights ago that I pissed a guy off and was under the assumption at some point he was going to try to hurt me so I started carrying a gun, then he bursts into the room to shoot me, classic looking down the barrel of a gun perspective, and I can't get my gun out because its stuck in my pocket, so I realize I'm going to get shot and die while fumbling around trying to get a gun out of my pocket, but this was after having a lengthy discussion with someone about how comfortable you are carrying a gun in public so I suspect that had a lot to do with it.

also have a recurring dream, maybe once a month where I'm hooking up with an ex and she inevitably dumps me or otherwise hurts me in some way emotionally, so immediately I wake up and go on facebook just to remind myself they are all fat now.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:35 am

I dont have any strong fear of heights, or rather, I would say I have a normal person's fear of them, like the typical "oooh shit be careful feeling" that you get in your stomach or legs if you look or lean out over an edge. But I like going to high observation decks and scenic overlooks and things like that. However, I do have weird anxiety dreams where I have to go to work in tall office buildings, and dream me like thinks " oh no, I'm going to be cowering in fear from windows and stuff," and then when I wake up and remember those dreams, I'm sitting there like "wtf was that? I'm not scared to go up in a building"

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:39 am

I normally just fly around and kill people when I dream. The biggest issue is avoiding power lines and not going too high which can be dangerous. Other than that I usually do pretty good.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:43 am

I also have recurring dreams similar to eCat's bridge dream, but its usually not so basic as "the bridge is out" its like the roadway suddenly become like these thin ass rails that you have to stay on and then theres like a jump in the middle of the bridge and you have to land the tires onto the two rails that pick up on the other side and stupid shit like that before I inevitably fuck up and drive it off the edge and fall.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:22 pm

I dont have any strong fear of heights, or rather, I would say I have a normal person's fear of them, like the typical "oooh shit be careful feeling" that you get in your stomach or legs if you look or lean out over an edge.

Fuck, I get the willies when someone on my 65 inch is looking over a ledge. I'm no fan of heights but I love flying.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:53 pm

Flying itself doesn't bother me as long as I can get an aisle seat and if the flight is longer than an hour or two, if I can get some xanax and scotch in me to put me to sleep because after a couple of hours, I get really fidgety and restless because I hate being in confined spaces.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:27 pm

I have to have a window seat no matter what. If were going down, I'm watching it. If not, enjoy the view.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:27 pm

I have flown so much that flying doesn't really bother me. I really disliked it when I first started. I still hate flying but its the experience of being human cattle I hate

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:49 am

"I get really fidgety and restless because I hate being in confined spaces."

The deck of the Titanic would be a confined space for you...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:48 pm

A

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:50 pm

A
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:22 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:49 am "I get really fidgety and restless because I hate being in confined spaces."

The deck of the Titanic would be a confined space for you...
My greatness knows no bounds...

Well done though