Post by sardis » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:50 am

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:48 am

It wasn't.

It angers me that our politicians and policy makers are so fucking ignorant that they seem to think that de-regulating or de-criminalizing things that are no good for you makes perfect sense when the top 30 to 40% of people who "partake" in such bad behavior, they still live a healthy and productive lifestyle. De-criminalizing something that the most responsible people can handle (just because you know these people personally and you know that THEY can handle it), is not a good legislative decision. Just because you got a Master's Degree in computer science, can work 11 hours a day writing code, and can end the day smoking a whole bowl of pot, it doesn't mean that everyone can. You are the exception, not the rule. The rule is that many (most?) people who partake in that behavior ruin their life and not only can't graduate college, they can't even go to work! We shouldn't have to have legislators figure this out the hard way. They should already know this. So de-criminalizing drug usage to make the guy with the Master's degree in computer science live a lawful lifestyle, that in turn harms those with addictive behaviors who are never going to achieve what he achieved.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:45 pm

Legalize Weed!

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:04 pm

There's different points of view that are valid and room to try different things there of course. Just don't send a fuckton of inner city minorities to prison forever for non-violent possession like Genocide Joe did back in the 80's. He's going to have to answer for all the heinous shit he did on judgement day, brah.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:05 pm

Tree wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:04 pm There's different points of view that are valid and room to try different things there of course. Just don't send a fuckton of inner city minorities to prison forever for non-violent possession like Genocide Joe did back in the 80's. He's going to have to answer for all the heinous shit he did on judgement day, brah.
That doesn't happen and has never ever happened. Never.

The beauty of mandatory drug sentencing laws imposed by legislature over the judiciary is that the power and authority of a leftist judge to be lenient on their discretion, that is gone. And it needs to be gone. It needs to be gone because now the ADA has bargaining power with a perp. So if you are a district attorney and you are talking to a punk who knocked over a liquor store with a shot gun, got caught, and is facing larceny and assault with a deadly weapon charges, now the DA can cut a deal with the perp and say we'll convict you of smoking pot (because he was high on pot during the crime) and we'll drop the assault with a deadly weapon charges. They can do that if the law says the judge MUST send the perp to prison for a year or two (or whatever it is) because of the law signed for mandatory drug sentencing. So ON PAPER the perp is incarcerated for smoking a joint. But IN REALITY the perp is doing two years for knocking over a liquor store. NO ONE is in prison for smoking weed. NO ONE is in prison for smoking crack. THAT is just what has been pled down to, to put the perp in prison where he belongs.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

Leaving in two years when his contract ends. To that I say, why not today? Just resign. If you suck, why do you deserve to finish out your contract? You suck. Quit. You lost almost $200 million. Be a man and leave today.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:50 pm

I wish you would follow your own advice...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:44 pm

You righties are cute the way you tapdance around the issues, frequently changing big picture worldviews just so you can end up at the viewpoint you were told you should have.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:35 pm

Tree wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:44 pm You righties are cute the way you tapdance around the issues, frequently changing big picture worldviews just so you can end up at the viewpoint you were told you should have.
No one is tap dancing.

I just gave you a PhD level analysis of how this criminal justice matter is handled with policy and politics. I made you smarter for reading it. And what I said is not a worldview. What I said is what is happening. You have offered no counter evidence. So at this point, shut up, and learn.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:52 pm

IB really believes he's intelligent. Highly intelligent, actually. Amazing...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:13 am

hedge wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:52 pm IB really believes he's intelligent. Highly intelligent, actually. Amazing...
Smarter than you. Of course, that is not saying much.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:26 pm

You're dumber than my dog.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:27 pm

You don't have a dog. A dog has you.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:37 pm

A

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 pm

Today is the last day of jury selection

Lori got life imprisonment. For Chad, I believe the DA is going for death. Not sure. But pretty sure he wants lethal injection for the death of Chad's first wife which might be much easier to prove than the death's of Lori's two kids. She never took the stand. I pretty sure the only way he takes the stand is if he didn't have a hand in it. But his kids intend to testify. They still believe their dad is innocent since he is a grave digger and if he had buried Lori's kids, no one would have found the bodies.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:10 pm

Nobody gives a fuck.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:20 pm

The families of the dead most certainly do, give a fuck. They are not, nobody.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:24 pm

You're a nobody

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:28 pm

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:50 pm

2-3 day ban plz