Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Alexander, Knox leave

SKJ transfers
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Ben Washburn
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Ben Washburn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 pm

"The ancient Romans staged fights in their blood pits between Ural Mountain grizzly bears and African lions. The Romans would set two lions against a single bear. The bear usually won. Like the great white shark that glides without fear through the depths, the brown bear has no peer on land."

So.
This is a block of text that I added to posts I make. There is a 255 character limit but I didn't need to use it all.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Water buffalo

Ben Washburn
Recruit

Post by Ben Washburn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Saint wrote:Water buffalo
The Romans never staged fights with water buffalo, so that's not even a valid response.
This is a block of text that I added to posts I make. There is a 255 character limit but I didn't need to use it all.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 pm

of course a damn bear is going to win. just common sense.

All those romans were betting on Lions. Its what caused the fall of the Roman Empire.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:19 pm

The water buffalo is unbeaten. He may have never beaten anyone but that's a moot point.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 pm

The Romans were probably doping up the lions
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 am

D J Jeffries commits to UK.. Whoopee, another OAD'er.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketba ... -kentucky/

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 am

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:to be honest I'm tempted to say Davidson beats UK.

Coming off my euphoria of beating UT, my memory of the SEC sending multiple teams to the NCAA tourney is that 3/4 of them are back home after the first weekend.
I thought about that but Davidson isn't supposed to be there and Kentucky is going to torment its fans a little more than a quick, easy first round exit
We didn't need Vanderbilt for the SECT but he will be out the first weekend of the NCAAT as well

I have no way to judge Davidson but if Knox is a no show or Cal decides he has to play Richards and Diallo at the same time, Davidson will have a 10 point lead. True of any team we face. At this point Cal seems to realize who he can go with but inexplicably he has stuck with Diallo and Richards the entire season until the SECT (he did start dropping their minutes when Vanderbilt stepped up) when everyone could see these guys were killing us.

He did it to give the best opportunity to get drafted , not because we would need them come tournament time. Richards didn't see much crunch time yesterday with Vanderbilt injured. Diallo played quite a bit but to his credit, it appears he finally realized he sucks and is in there so that Green and Alexander aren't playing 40 minutes. At one point this season his own son was more valuable in spelling minutes to the team than Diallo - if you consider the +/- of it
The Talentesque reverse shitbaggery will not work.

CameronCrazy
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Duke

Post by CameronCrazy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am

UNC's Region has kind of a 2005 gift-wrapped-from-the-NCAA-with-a bow-to-Roy bullshitty feel to it.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 am

wildcats will beat virginia

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 am

man I hope we get a chance
The Talentesque reverse shitbaggery will not work.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:12 am

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am

Is it just for Goat Penners?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 am

CameronCrazy wrote:UNC's Region has kind of a 2005 gift-wrapped-from-the-NCAA-with-a bow-to-Roy bullshitty feel to it.
The gift for fucking up Grayson's senior season. Hahahaha! Loser

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 am

And yet no pundit that I've seen has UNC coming out of that region. Honestly, I haven't seen anybody that has them getting the regional finals. Nor Xavier, for that matter. Everybody has Gonzaga/Michigan. We'll see...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 am

If we lose to Zona, then Cal fucked us back in January

If we beat Zona and go toe to toe with UVa then Cal was brilliant in assessing his risk.

It comes down to preparing for March. Had we not lost 4 straight, had we not be swept by UF and Fl then we wouldn't be a 5 seed potentially facing the PAC 12 champions in the second game of the tourney. We'd be at worst a 3, most likely a 2 with a much easier path to the final four.

However should we beat Zona and hold our own with UVa then Cal did exactly what he needed to do in preparing for March with this team.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Well, maybe, but as always, the NCAA tourny is a crap shoot. You could get beaten by a team on a given night that you would most likely beat in a 7 game series 4-1. That's the beauty and also the downside of the tourny. I can't see that losing any given game either validates or invalidates any coach's job in a given year.

Look at UNC last year. Yeah, the whole lame ass story line was "validation" after we lost in the fashion that we did the year before, but goddamn, we probably should've lost to Arkansas in the second round (I will never forget eCat's steadfast running commentary of "Arkansas is going to lose, count of it" even when they were up like 7 with under 5 minutes to go).

Obviously the UK game could've gone either way, it was back and forth all game but we were down 5 with under 5 minutes to go and needed a 12-0 run to even put us in position to withstand UK's late charge (and still could've lost).

Needed two separate rebounds when our own guys missed a free throw (twice) in the final seconds to seal the win over Oregon in the FF and needed a pretty incredible block in the closing seconds to beat Gonzaga.

That's four games that could've easily gone the other way, and if any one of them had, Roy would've been the goat ("Why didn't he call a time out when UK tied it?", etc.) but b/c we won he's a genius.

Don't get me wrong, I love Roy and think he's a great coach, but the narrative and the assessment of Roy would've been very different if one play in any of those games had gone differently. In short, there's a thin line between genius and goat...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 pm

hedge wrote:Well, maybe, but as always, the NCAA tourny is a crap shoot. You could get beaten by a team on a given night that you would most likely beat in a 7 game series 4-1. That's the beauty and also the downside of the tourny. I can't see that losing any given game either validates or invalidates any coach's job in a given year.

Look at UNC last year. Yeah, the whole lame ass story line was "validation" after we lost in the fashion that we did the year before, but goddamn, we probably should've lost to Arkansas in the second round (I will never forget eCat's steadfast running commentary of "Arkansas is going to lose, count of it" even when they were up like 7 with under 5 minutes to go).

Obviously the UK game could've gone either way, it was back and forth all game but we were down 5 with under 5 minutes to go and needed a 12-0 run to even put us in position to withstand UK's late charge (and still could've lost).

Needed two separate rebounds when our own guys missed a free throw (twice) in the final seconds to seal the win over Oregon in the FF and needed a pretty incredible block in the closing seconds to beat Gonzaga.

That's four games that could've easily gone the other way, and if any one of them had, Roy would've been the goat ("Why didn't he call a time out when UK tied it?", etc.) but b/c we won he's a genius.

Don't get me wrong, I love Roy and think he's a great coach, but the narrative and the assessment of Roy would've been very different if one play in any of those games had gone differently. In short, there's a thin line between genius and goat...

in this case its not about a crap shoot, its about why are you facing a team that has national title aspirations in the second game of the tourney

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Well let's face it, Cal's coaching philosophy is "Ive got John Wall/Anthony Davis/Demarcus Cousins/etc/etc, let's see what happens." He doesn't have one of those guys this year (much less 2 or 3 or 4 of those guys). I guess the crap shoot for Cal is, are these 17 year old high school guys future NBA stars or are they just really good high school and college players? Can't roll snake eyes every year (I don't even know if that's a good roll in craps, but it sounded good)...