LOL!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:24 am

Man, nobody seemed too worried about that guy with the knife, people were just milling about and taking videos of the whole thing. I guess a knife isn't that big of a deal and most probably figured they could outrun the guy if it came down to it, but damn, when the cop showed up with a gun, I would've gotten the hell out of there...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:29 am

Just got back from Mexico. Man, they ain't playing down there. Everybody wears a mask at all times, even at 6 in the morning and jogging on an empty street, they're wearing a mask. Every store you go into, they take your temperature and give you a squirt of hand sanitizer. Our dive master told us they had been on lockdown for a few months, had to be in your house by 4pm every day, he was like "you guys get $600 week, we get a box with some beans and rice and a bottle of cooking oil, and if you're not at your house when they're going around, you don't get it." We really don't know how good we've got it up here in the states...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:31 am

do you know what their numbers are? worse than ours per capita or better?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:54 am

I don't know about nationwide, but we were in Cozumel, which is a relatively sleepy island even in the best of times, but with no cruise ships and air travel down to a trickle, I felt pretty safe. Of top of that, one side of the island is almost completely undeveloped, just one hotel and a couple of beachfront bars, we stayed over there half the time, probably didn't see 20 people. On another note, it's the time of year when the giant sea turtles come on shore and lay their eggs, so we just sat on the beach from about 10pm to about 2am with a bottle of wine (for the MIF) and a bottle of tequila (for me) and watched the turtles do their thing. Kinda put things in perspective. Nature doesn't care what happens to humans, we could all die from covid and those turtles would still be doing their thing like they have been for millions of years. It really would probably be the best thing for this planet if 90-95% of the human population just disappeared...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:00 am

The dive master said 30 people had died of covid on Cozumel, out of a population of 100K, so that seems pretty low...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:03 am

I bet Cozumel was nice with no cruise ships and most of the tourists gone

Were you able to sit down in restaurants and eat like normal? I'm yet to sit inside at a restaurant.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:34 am

hedge wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:00 am The dive master said 30 people had died of covid on Cozumel, out of a population of 100K, so that seems pretty low...
It's basically on par with the areas in this country that the media is acting like are COVID death zones because of lax mask use and "not enough shut down!"

Harris County (Houston) has 4.713M population, so your Cozumel death rate of 3 deaths per 10k would be 1,414 deaths, and the actual number is 1,288.

Who knows how accurately or differently each country is coming up with numbers though.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:35 am

Some restaurants were open, not all. Most of the places we went had outdoor seating. We went to one place we hadn't been before, some lobster house, picked out the biggest lobster tail they had and ordered 2 margaritas, the waiter brought the drinks and what appeared to be a 3 liter bottle of tequila and just sat it on the table and said have at it. He got a big tip and we told the owner we would definitely be back and would tell our friends about his place, by the time we left he was practically in tears, I think he just missed having customers...

Went fishing one day, caught 4 dolphin, had another one right up to the boat but the gaffer missed him and he got off. I could tell he felt bad but I gave him a pretty good tip and some of the dolphin, so I'm pretty sure he knew I wasn't pissed. They started feeding me 7 oz. Corona's as soon as I got on the boat and kept em coming. I never really understood the 7 oz. bottle but they're perfect for fishing, shit gets warm quick out there but no that damn quick, 3 swallows and you're empty and ready for a reload...

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 pm

If the disgusting democrats win in November, God Forbid, this is what we will be looking at after they successfully defund all police departments around the country. The liberal morons here will get exactly what they deserve. Lawlessness.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:14 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Um crotch. People around the country have been told that for years. LOL!

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:33 pm

The 7 oz. Corona is perfect for Coronaritas, or Margaronas...whichever you prefer...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Margaronas

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Cozumel used to be the Mecca of cheap cultured pearls. You could buy a $15 strand there and sell it to a pawn shop or on eBay here for $45 (or more). Don’t know if it still is the case, but several years back you could buy up to 50 strands (roughly) for under $800 (to keep them duty-free) and sell them on eBay or at pawnshops here and make $1000-$2000 profit to pay for part of your trip. And they fit easily in a suitcase.

Arbitrage!
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:04 pm

That's one way to support a side chick.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:40 pm

I did buy 3 bottles of Cuervo de la Familia extra anejo tequila at the duty free shop. I had bought a bottle a couple years ago on a whim and it was the best sipping tequila I've ever had. I was running low so the last time I went to the ABC store in Raleigh I sought it out, it was $175 a bottle, which irked me b/c I had paid $100 for the original duty free bottle. Price in the airport this time had gone up to $110, but the attendant told me if I bought two she's give me one for free. So that was basically 3 bottles for $220. That should hold me awhile...

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:01 pm

Specialty tequila is catching up with bourbon. I have a friend who goes out of his way to find Julio ‘42 at $200/bottle.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Tequila is a close second to scotch as far as my liquor preference, with gin (I guess) a distant third. I don't drink that much liquor so I can justify paying up for a quality product. Like I said, I still have a little bit of that original de la Familia that I bought a couple a years ago and I've still got some of the $300 bottle of scotch I bought in Charleston longer ago than that. I mean fuck, we spend $100 each for a two tank dive (and that doesn't include tip) and we dive 4-5 days every place we go. So a couple hundred bucks on a bottle of liquor that I'm going to nurse for a couple of years (at least) actually seems like a bargain...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 pm

AA, what were you doing in Charlotte?